The complexity of construction projects – large or small – requires experienced legal advice to prevent or resolve problems that arise before, during, and after construction. Rosen Harwood’s construction practice group helps clients navigate all phases of their clients’ construction projects and minimize problems, expense, and delays. We represent public and private owners, developers, contractors, subcontractors, engineers, and suppliers at every phase of the construction process:
- Advising on land use, environmental, labor, general business, contract issues
- Negotiating and drafting design and construction contracts and all construction loan documentation
- Litigating and resolving defect and claims disputes, either through trial or alternative dispute resolution
- Helping with project administration and management issues to control downtime and ensure that work disruption is avoided or kept to a minimum
- Litigating bond claims and advising on suretyship issues
Our experience in the construction, real estate, building supply, and environmental fields means we can guide you in the construction process from site selection, acquisition, and zoning, all the way to project completion and eventual sale or leasing. Add our experience dealing with employment issues (including discrimination claims, and wage and hour laws) and you have a team structured to ensure projects are completed successfully.
Because of their complexity, even the best-planned construction projects can lead to litigation. Our lawyers work to proactively avoid or resolve disputes, and frequently use mediation and arbitration of claims involving cost, design error, project management, and payment disputes