Rosen Harwood’s trust and estate attorneys provide innovative financial planning for individual clients designed to maximize their personal goals and minimize tax consequences. We assist clients in the planning and administering of trusts and estates of all sizes, design and implement family wealth transfer transactions, and represent families whose investments are pooled in trusts, limited liability companies or limited partnerships. Clients also rely on us to represent them in administrative and judicial proceedings, both routine and contested, and we work closely with the firm’s litigation section to efficiently avoid or resolve disputes.
One of our strengths is helping our clients structure their business interests in order to minimize the effects of gift, estate and income taxation and plan for an effective transfer of business interests through lifetime gifts, upon death, or at retirement. These transactions often include the creation of new business enterprises, mergers and acquisitions of existing entities, and dissolution of various entities. We strive to structure our client’s estate in a manner that is tax efficient, while not being burdensome on the client to manage on a day-to-day basis.
Rosen Harwood’s trust and estate attorneys represent executors, trustees and beneficiaries of estates and trusts. We represent fiduciaries in all matters dealing with federal, state and local taxing authorities, including returns, audits, negotiations and litigation. In addition, for our clients who are individual fiduciaries, we assist in the performance of administrative responsibilities, including the marshalling, liquidation (including private and auction sales) and distribution of assets.
Trust and Estate Counsel
- We counsel clients on every aspect of estate planning – to help minimize worry and risk.
- Our attorneys work with clients to evaluate their unique situations and help them achieve their wealth transfer goals.
- We design all necessary documents and structures to maximize tax efficiency and achieve a client’s goals.
- Our attorneys handle virtually all aspects of estate and trust administration, including the representation of both fiduciaries and beneficiaries in contested probate and trust matters.
- Our advice takes into account the current and projected changes in the tax and state laws affecting our clients’ planning.
- We counsel clients regarding business succession and wealth preservation across generations.
- We represent clients in court in matters involving contested interests and in IRS administrative proceedings involving the determination or assessment of taxes, and questions as to the taxable value of closely held businesses, real estate, artwork and other unique assets.
OUR GROUP IS ACTIVE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Elder Law
- Health Care Planning
- Long-term Care Planning
- Special Needs Planning
- Tax Planning
- Wills and Trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Advance Health Care Directives
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Probate and Estate Administration