Rosen Harwood’s Agricultural Practice Group combines years of experience in state and federal regulatory compliance and business representation with backgrounds in natural resource sciences to provide comprehensive representation in agricultural matters.
Rosen Harwood is proud to be a part of the rapidly growing industrial hemp industry in Alabama by representing industrial hemp growers and processors in the first year of the industrial hemp program in Alabama. Our lawyers assist industrial hemp and CBD businesses by helping our clients navigate the complicated regulations for this crop, consulting on environmental issues, and providing a variety of related business services. Some of the services we provide for our hemp and CBD clients include the following:
- Grower and processor license consulting
- Environmental compliance
- Regulatory issues
- Incorporating or organizing business entities
- Drafting various business documents including purchase and sale agreements, distribution agreements, transportation agreements, processing agreements, financing agreements, and employment agreements
- Real estate issues including, farm purchases, farm leases
- Equipment purchasing and leases
- Branding issues, including trademarks and copyrights
- Government relations
- Employment issues
With the recent and ongoing changes in Alabama and federal laws, the industrial hemp industry is expected to grow exponentially in the coming years, and Rosen Harwood’s attorneys are excited to help our clients’ endeavors in this new industry succeed.